If you took our top fifteen decisions out, we’d have a pretty average record. It wasn’t hyperactivity, but a hell of a lot of patience. You stuck to your principles and when opportunities came along, you pounced on them with vigor.
– Charlie Munger
– Oliver Wendell Holmes
01. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love and trust them anyway.
02. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
03. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
04. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
05. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
06. The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
07. People favor underdogs but follow top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
08. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
09. People really need help but may attack you if you help them.
Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have, and you may get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world your best anyway.
“The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.”
– Philip Fisher
“In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.”
– Robert Arnott
“The market does not beat them. They beat themselves, because though they have brains they cannot sit tight.”
– Jesse Livermore
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
“Sing like nobody’s listening, Live like it’s Heaven on Earth, Work like you don’t need money, Love like you’ve never been hurt, and Dance like no one’s watching.”
– Crystal Boyd